The GeoNode dev team is proud to announce the release of GeoNode 2.8 stable!
GeoNode 2.8 ships a lot of new features:
- Group Moderation and Resources Pubblication workflow
- SLD Upload for Layers
- Thumbnails Upload for Documents
- Vectorial Layers Download Filter
- Enhanced WMS capabilities
- Improved Metadata Editor Wizard
- Improved Remote Services package
- Monitoring Plugin for Administrators
- Async Upload and Notifications with External Broker
- Unoconv Renderer for Document Thumbnails
- Improvements to Docker and Docker Compose scripts for geonode and geonode-project deployments
- Improvements to the integration with QGIS Server
- Updated to Django 1.8+
- Updated to GeoServer 2.12.2
- Updated PyCSW to 2.0.2
- Updated Notifications to Pinax 4.1.0
- Updated Celery to 4.1.0
- Updated OAuth2 Security Framework to 2.1.0
and a lot of fixes and code refactoring from 2.6 Release.
Don't upgrade before backing up your data!
There are a lot of internal changes from version 2.6 to 2.8
The recommended upgrade path is to set up a new server from scratch and migrate the data to it.
The automatic installer is available for Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geonode/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install geonode
Then set the IP address and create a superuser.
sudo geonode-updateip 127.0.0.1
For further information, please take a look at Quick GeoNode Install
The manual installation is possible for any OS following this guide GeoNode Install
After your GeoNode is set up, don't forget to read the admin docs to personalize it and tweak it for better performance.
You can report any issues or feature requests in our Issue Tracker in Github.
And a big thank you to all the developers and contributors for the big effort. See you in our Users mailing list