The GeoNode dev team is proud to announce the release of GeoNode 2.4 stable!
GeoNode 2.4 ships a lot of new features:
- New granular permissions system
- Support for groups and group permissions
- New search engine based on json REST API with spatial search
- Support for remote services
- New responsive templates with brand new look
- New contrib apps
- Support to Geoserver 2.7.x
- Several performance enhancements
Check it out for Ubuntu 14.04.
Don't upgrade before backing up your data!
There are a lot of internal changes from version 2.0 to 2.4, and even from 2.4 pre-release to 2.4 final.
The recommended upgrde path is to set up a new server from scratch and migrate the data to it.
The automatic installer is available for Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geonode/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install geonode
Then set the IP address and create a superuser.
sudo geonode-updateip 127.0.0.1
After your GeoNode is set up, don't forget to read the admin docs to personalize it and tweak it for better performance.
You can report any issues or feature requests in our Issue Tracker in Github.
And a big thank you to all the developers and contributors for the big effort. See you in our Users mailing list
Posted at - 2015-11-19 16:30:00