The GeoNode team is proud to announce the release of GeoNode 1.2. The new milestone is an iterative advance, with a number of new features and improvements. It is also the last release before 2.0, which is rapidly becoming feature complete and should move in to alpha releases soon.
This 1.2 release adds a number of new features such as:
- comments and ratings on map and layers
- social features, to ‘like’ on facebook and ‘+1′ on google plus
- new find/add layers widget for the map composer
- inline legend for the map composer and layer/map pages
- better Feature Info tool
- use of MapQuest Open as the default base layer
And on the back office side:
- upgrade to django 1.4
- use of django-south for migrations
- use of django-taggit for keywords handling
Although the upgrade process is safe against data loss, we strongly recommend doing a full backup of your data before performing an upgrade.
Ubuntu users who have installed from ppa:geonode/release can do the following to download the new version:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
You can report any issues or feature requests in our Issue Tracker in Github.
And a big thank you to all the developers and contributors for the big effort.