The GeoNode team is proud to release the first beta of GeoNode 1.2. This is not yet recommended for production sites, but we highly encourage anyone running a production site to test it out and give us immediate feedback on any critical issues that arise. The final release of GeoNode 1.2 will include instructions on how to update from older versions.
To install the beta release on an Ubuntu system (assuming Ubuntu 12.04) please use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:geonode/testing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install geonode
For other systems or custom installations, download the GeoNode-1.2b1.tar.gz tarball and use the included install script.
GeoNode 1.2 will be the first release compatible with Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 (while maintaining compatibility with Ubuntu releases after 10.04). Please note that this beta has only been tested in 12.04 so we appreciate your feedback in identifying potential issues in other distributions. Issue reports may be filed on the GeoNode issue tracker or reported on the GeoNode user forum.
Changes for GeoNode 1.2
- Fixed a reverse url problem
- Added legend to layer detail page
- Added Bing AerialWithLabels layer as a background layer
- Fixed download links in GeoTiff layers
- Made keywords optional again
- Fixed keywords representation in layer detail page
- Fixed link to production docs
- Added post_save signals to create contact after user creation
- Fixed bug affecting map search
- Added CSW-based search to map composer
- Added ability to delete layers with a shared style